Outdoor Wedding Ideas
- For your outdoor wedding, keep the decorations…simple. Let the gardens speak for themselves and spend more time with your indoor decorations. This is where you will be spending most of your time. A typical outdoor ceremony is less than 30 minutes.
- Always, always have a PLAN B. Mother Nature could rain, snow etc. on your day. Have a PLAN B to move indoors. Make sure your venue that you pick has a PLAN B for you!
- Keep your hand tied bouquet in water, away from heat and sunlight for as long as possible. Mist with a spray bottle often before you go out of the door to walk down the aisle.
- Go Green! You could do a traditional unity candle ceremony, but why not cap off your wedding ceremony with a tradition that really celebrates growth? Plant a tree! If it won’t work logistically for the wedding, pot a tree together and then have it transferred to your backyard later.
- No couple wishes for rain on their wedding day, though we hear it is considered good luck. If you are worried you are going to get “lucky” , even if it’s not in the forecast, consider packing a golf umbrella. It’s the only cover large enough to get the bride to/from the various areas. Besides, some of the all-time favorite wedding photos are of newlyweds smooching beneath an umbrella big enough for two.
Louisiana’s #1 Wedding Venue and Wedding Vendors List – Your Step by Step Guide to Wedding Venues, Vendors and Wedding Planning